Sunday 17 May 2009

How much does a taxi driver earn?

Hmm, how should I answer this one?? This is the question everybody wants answered.

How many times have you sat in a taxi and thought to yourself bloody hell this guy must be making a packet? £10 for 20 minutes work?
Well you would be right, but then most of day or night is spent sitting around waiting for the next job.
Some days a driver may have 5 or 6 jobs, so now do the maths.
Saturday nights can be good this lasts from 6pm til around 1am.

The main constraint on earnings is the shear volume of taxis on the road - hundreds of hackney carriages, over 600 cars with Dragon Taxis, over 250 cars with Premier Taxis, Capital Cabs, Cardiff Cabs etc..........

I have promised to be honest with my posts so I will tell you my earnings on Friday - £115.
Sounds quite good for a days work?
From this you must take your expenses - £15 fuel, £15 radio hire, £8.50 insurance.
And how long did I work? I started at 6.30am 'worked' through until 1pm, 1 hour for lunch, then back out until 1am. Yes 1am!! So for around 20 hours I earnt around £75 - £3.75 per hr! Tax to pay as well.

SO I hope this puts things in perspective. I also promise not to moan anymore about my earnings, but it is a case of survival rather than earning.

1 comment:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Mr Benjamin on this topic. gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Mr Benjamin so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them. lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete